The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
It was very surreal to watch the 4 tanks in my office shaking and sloshing water simultaneously. I thought I was going crazy for a second. No damage here either. Just scared the crap out of me for about 30 seconds. That was my first and hopefully, last earthquake. I don't know how you West Coasters put up with it. :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
You know I had been waiting for more quakes before I moved last year, SoCal has been behind schedule.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I live about two hours from the epicenter, and I never felt a thing - lol. I was at work (in Walmart) at the time. I got a call from a friend in Connecticut asking if I was ok - they felt it up there. My coworkers who were on break/lunch said the tables in the breakroom were shaking.
Dang. I miss everything ; )

·
Registered
712 Posts
5.8 is a big deal in that area. That's the largest earthquake in recorded history for that area.

I've lived all my life in California and although a lot of us like to show off...5.8 is a big earthquake regardless. Anyone remember Whittier narrows?...yea same size earthquake.

Hope all of you and your little fish are doing ok.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I live about two hours from the epicenter, and I never felt a thing - lol. I was at work (in Walmart) at the time. I got a call from a friend in Connecticut asking if I was ok - they felt it up there. My coworkers who were on break/lunch said the tables in the breakroom were shaking.
Dang. I miss everything ; )
I live 35 miles from the epicenter; the entire 4 story office building was shaking, but other than that nothing really happened. Talked about it for 10 min, went back to work after that. Came home 5 hours later and fish tank was fine.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Had it here too, in the DC area. Everything at my house is fine but my couckoo clock, which hasn't run for years, is ticking away now! It runs on momentum and I stopped it years ago cause the couckoo part is broken and sounds lame. But the quake apparently got the momentum going again!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.