The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a pair of WC A. Elizabethae today and they are definitely between fry and juvenile. The male is displaying finnage and seems to be doing fine; however, the female appears to be pretty small in length and sits on the bottom between some stem plants with seldom moving. She moves only when disturbed. Is this common behavior for young apistos (referring to the smaller one resting on bottom)? They traveled a long way in 24hours...my acclimation method is similar to what I do for Tropheus when shipped which allows good equalization with minimizing the ammonia spike from shipping. Water paras are good 0 NH4, 0 NO2, NO3 within EI standards, GH 6, PH 6.6.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very Happy for your fish. Keep us posted on their well being.

Are you planning on breeding them or are you just happy to enjoy the look and pleasure of this species?
It would be hard to successfully breed them because I have some Corydora Hasbrosus and ember tetras in with them. I have never kept A. Elizabethae only A. Agassazi and A. Cauatuoides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.