The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
The Koralia type powerheads are small considering how much water they move, and they come with magnetic mountings so you can secure them in any part of the tank, where they are unobtrusive. I find them to be the best way to maintain water surface ripple, as well as improving the circulation of water in the tank.

That Hydor Flo device seems to convert any powerhead to a rotating output, Koralia like flow, but I haven't even seen one, let alone trying it.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
The Koralia type powerheads are small considering how much water they move, and they come with magnetic mountings so you can secure them in any part of the tank, where they are unobtrusive. I find them to be the best way to maintain water surface ripple, as well as improving the circulation of water in the tank.

That Hydor Flo device seems to convert any powerhead to a rotating output, Koralia like flow, but I haven't even seen one, let alone trying it.
I was truly surprised how much flow my little aqueon knockoff produced lol, great bang for the buck.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
My only comment is the video should have been labeled "Starfish goes Deaf" that was a loud tank, but the little spinning powerhead was cool.

I use JBJ circulation pumps with a wave maker and they work good for now, but I also run 2 filters (2x2215) and have started to upgrade to the 2217 which is double in flow. I have one installed and the second arrives today, this will allow me to try my new spraybar that reaches from the substrate to the water surface to create flow for the whole tank and I should be able to remove the 2 pumps.

But there is no other way to get good flow and it is very important in keeping a healthy tank, good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.