The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Way2top light controller for my twinstar 600SA light. For some reason, it keeps turning my light on at midnight. I have it set to turn the light on at 3% at 6am but it comes on at midnight but turns off completely at 8pm like I programmed it. The time I set on it seems to be correct, too. Anyone have any ideas why it's turning on 6 hours early? I followed this guide from Jurijs Jutjajevs to program it.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
you need to make sure that your first program position has a power setting of zero. that imposes a lower bound on when it will start ramping.

for example, if you want it to start ramping at 6:45 and be at 60% by 7:00, your first position will be level zero (L000) with a time of 6:45 and the second will be L060 with a time of 7:00. same deal on the ramp down - have a level zero at the time you want it to be completely off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you need to make sure that your first program position has a power setting of zero. that imposes a lower bound on when it will start ramping.

for example, if you want it to start ramping at 6:45 and be at 60% by 7:00, your first position will be level zero (L000) with a time of 6:45 and the second will be L060 with a time of 7:00. same deal on the ramp down - have a level zero at the time you want it to be completely off.
Ah, so following what he did in the video is going to lead to the same problems that I'm experiencing. I'll have to try out what you suggested

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yes, the FIRST and LAST setting needs to be 0% or you will have the issue you are having. The problem is, the controller is constantly ramping. The only way to stop that is to have a consistent period of intensity. In the case of keeping the light off for a period of time it would have to be for example

12AM 0% - 12PM 0%

so for this time period, the light will remain off and no ramping will occur.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Ah, so following what he did in the video is going to lead to the same problems that I'm experiencing. I'll have to try out what you suggested
Yup. I have the same light and controller. At first I followed the YouTube video and had the same issue. Somewhere in the YT video comments there is a discussion about this. I believe the reviews on Amazon mention it also. As explained above if you make the first setting 0% and the last setting 0% it will fix this. Works great when you have the correct workaround!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.