The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm getting ready soon to add plants to my low-tech tank. I was recommended to use the finnex fugeray because on my little 10g tank it would give me the highest PAR of anything in that size so that's what I'm getting. So as far as par goes I hear I can grow most anything with that alight BUT I'm looking at 6 different plants and they all say they will grow with 2-3 watts per gallon...some higher than that. The fugeray is only 10w. But it's LED not flourescent does this make a difference? Can I just throw away the old watts per gallon rule with this setup or am I going to need more lights? It doesn't seem to make sense to put 2 of these figures above a 10" deep tank...any help experiences with this or opinions are welcomed. Plants in particular I'm looking at for my 10g are

Rotala species
Ludwigia species
Chain sword
Baby tears
Anubias species
Cryptocoryne species

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I now know that WPG is dead lol. But I'm still in the dark about my light it claims to be lower 40's in the center and upper 20's at the edge of the tank. Should this be good enough for these plants I listed?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Without knowing the exact plants you have, I couldn't hazard a guess. I know Rotala species Ludwigia species have medium, high, and maybe one or two have high light requirements, most anubias are okay with low light, same with some crypts. Post exactly what you have and someone better than me can help ya more. :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Exhinodorus tenellus
Cryptocoryne wendtii
Anubis hastifolia
Ludwigia repens
Rotala indica

This are the ones I like but I'm pretty open to ideas for plants that will fit my tank best

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.