The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Wanted to start up my journal for my Waterbox 4820!

First off - here's the full scape as of last night - I plan to flood the tank today and do a dark start while I shop for plants.

Tank specs:
Tank: Waterbox Clear 4820
Lights: 2x Kessil A360x Tuna Sun in the limited white housing (thanks Neptunes!) and wifi dongle
Filters: sunsun HW-3000 and sunsun HW-302 canister filters
Heater - Hydor eth-300 inline heater (300W)
CO2- concoa dual stage regulator with ideal needle valve, 5lb tank and diffused using nilocg inline co2 reactor
Dosing - ATI DP6 auto dosing pump
Flow - Ecotech mp10

Plan for planting will be a Brazilian style aquascaping, using stem plants.

Dragon rock work: I glued together the dragon stone using thin super glue and cigarette filters.

In tank: I filled up some mesh bags with lava rocks to help get a super steep slope - the slope rises to about 14-15 inches at it's highest point so the bags really help keep the aquasoil hold the shape, and prevents a ton of anaerobic bacteria build up from such a deep layer.

Under cabinet shot of all the equipment, I tried to go for as clean a look as possible. I built a box to stuff all the wires in and used hole saws to drill through the cabinet to route all the cables.

Lastly, here's a wide shot!

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Excellent setup. I have been pondering moving from my present 25g rimless setup to that same tank and stand. My one reservation was the height to the rim. Do you need a stool to work in it or does it work pretty well without one? At ~55 inches to the rim it seems a bit tall for me. I do really appreciate the space under the tank however. I guess that it is hard to have it both ways!

I was thinking of either using two Oase filters or else using a sump. I am tending towards a sump due to the easy access for maintenance however the Oase does have the nice removable prefilter.

Would you mind measuring the width of the larger stand compartment and posting it?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! The dragon stone sculpture is truly impressive. All the rock work is. I'll be keen to see how this gets planted. Will you be attaching plants to the dragon?
Thank you! I will be gluing some trident java fern to the back of the dragon's head to mimic the flowing hair, but not sure if I can keep ti growing sideways like that over time.

Excellent setup. I have been pondering moving from my present 25g rimless setup to that same tank and stand. My one reservation was the height to the rim. Do you need a stool to work in it or does it work pretty well without one? At ~55 inches to the rim it seems a bit tall for me. I do really appreciate the space under the tank however. I guess that it is hard to have it both ways!

I was thinking of either using two Oase filters or else using a sump. I am tending towards a sump due to the easy access for maintenance however the Oase does have the nice removable prefilter.

Would you mind measuring the width of the larger stand compartment and posting it?

Thanks!
Thank you! The tank + stand is definitely taller than I expected, i had to stand on a chair when scaping, especially the rocks in the back. I'm 5'8" for reference. I'll probably need to keep using the chair when trimming the plants in the back.

I'm thinking I'm going to change one of my filters to the OASE thermo 600 since I read it's quiet. The sunsun HW3000 is super loud, the tank is in my office and I usually listen to podcasts during the day, so I'm still 50/50 on this.

The larger compartment is 30.5 inches wide so plenty of room for a sump if you decide to go that route. I didn't want one because I wanted a frosted background and can't really do that with a sump unless you get one of those hang on overflows.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thank you! The tank + stand is definitely taller than I expected, i had to stand on a chair when scaping, especially the rocks in the back. I'm 5'8" for reference. I'll probably need to keep using the chair when trimming the plants in the back.

I'm thinking I'm going to change one of my filters to the OASE thermo 600 since I read it's quiet. The sunsun HW3000 is super loud, the tank is in my office and I usually listen to podcasts during the day, so I'm still 50/50 on this.

The larger compartment is 30.5 inches wide so plenty of room for a sump if you decide to go that route. I didn't want one because I wanted a frosted background and can't really do that with a sump unless you get one of those hang on overflows.
I am using an Oase Biomaster Thermo 250 on my 25g Landen and it is very quiet once you burp it and you make sure that the tubing is not directly touching the cabinet. I used some prefilter material to keep in between the tube and the cabinet to dampen the vibration otherwise it amplifies it a bit.

Keep us updated!

·
Registered
16g rimless cherry shrimp, 20g cube dwarf cichlid, 40g breeder nano community.
593 Posts
Wow! I came in because it's the tank I've been wanting to buy all year. I stayed because of that amazing rock work! Can't wait to see it planted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.