The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and girls!

I would like to know from where in the planted tank I need to take the water sample to measure pH, kH and others. Time ago I read that it was supposed to be taken from bottom of the tank, away from the return. Every video I have seen, it shows the water being taken from the top or it doesn't say.

I know the the pH, kH and others changes around the aquarium, but I would like to know the best and accurate (?) place to do the test.

Thanks for your information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I test my tanks every sunday morning prior to doing water changes. This tells me how much water I need to take out.

I move the lever on my fluval 305 to off, let it sit for about 30 min then grab my water from the mid/top of the tank. Generally just dunk the test tubes into the tank and pour out until I have 5ml.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Water circulation in most tanks is so good that it does not matter where you take the sample from. The variations that might be present will be so small that hobby level test kits cannot measure it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank for your quick response. Much appreciate it.

So no matter where I take the water sample, it won't vary that much? Can anyone give me an opinion on the color of this test? I mean... Ph #

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts