The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what looks like white water stains on the sides of my tank.
I tried to wash it off, but it is not going away.

I hear this could be linked to the water hardness, salt, calcium, etc.
but I know little about this so any information about it is appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's on a set up tank with fish, so the vinegar can't work in my case. A good suggestion, however.

Wont the razor scratch the glass?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Just keep the razor flat to the glass and you won't scratch it. Yours are on the inside? Chances are you'll never rid yourself of them

·
Registered
714 Posts
+1 for the vinegar. Use a diluted mixture of it. Next time you do a WC, while the water level is below the affected area, clean it off with a soft rag and vinegar/water solution. When cleaned, use a clean rag with just water to wipe over the area. When I use things like vinegar or bleach, I always smell things before I put them back to ensure I have wiped away any residue. I have successfully used this method. It doesn't take alot of vinegar either

·
Registered
103 Posts
+1 for the vinegar. Use a diluted mixture of it. Next time you do a WC, while the water level is below the affected area, clean it off with a soft rag and vinegar/water solution. When cleaned, use a clean rag with just water to wipe over the area. When I use things like vinegar or bleach, I always smell things before I put them back to ensure I have wiped away any residue. I have successfully used this method. It doesn't take alot of vinegar either
i tend to do a lick test.
if im unwilling to do that then the way i see it i havent removed the residue enough :icon_smil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts