The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for the needle leaf water sprite. the oak leaf one is fine as well but im more a fan of the needle leaf type. i would like to buy or trade just let me know please thanks

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
i am looking for the needle leaf water sprite. the oak leaf one is fine as well but im more a fan of the needle leaf type. i would like to buy or trade just let me know please thanks
Hi wicca27,

There are two 'common' species of watersprite; Ceratopteris thalictroides (fine leaf variety) and Ceratopteris cornuta (broadleaf watersprite). They are two different species; that said, Ceratopteris cornuta will grow narrower leaves if grown emersed.

Ceratopteris thalictroides

·
Registered
471 Posts
yep Seattle Aquarist.. there are other species and now there is a cultivar of Ceratopteris thalictroides with slightly finer leaves but you have to look close to see any difference between standard and fine leaf( lace leaf) Ceratopteris thalictroides.. lol

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Hi Wicca27,

It is Christmas and lest we forget the season of giving.

I checked my list and I see you have been good. It has been a couple of years since you received a ROAK from me ('Trident' and Windelov plantlets) so maybe you would like these.

There are a couple of 12" 'Mother plants'; 3-4 medium plants; and several small plants pictured. If it is too much for your tank, I will split it 2 or 3 ways but you get first dibs. I will also include an emersed grown leaf of Ceratopteris cornuta (broad leaf variety) which you can float in still water with good light and it will form plantlets that you can plant.

Shipping is $7 for USPS Priority shipping; PM me for PayPal info

Ceratopteris thalictroides (fine leaf variety) Snail-free

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
:proud:

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you so much. the plants i got from you a while back are doing well and have given me several babies i have spread around my tanks. i ended up moving in the summer of 10 so they took a bit of a hit with the move but are looking good and growing well. cant wait to see these take off

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Hi wicca27,

I'm glad to hear the plants I sent you two years ago are still doing well, even with your cross-country move. I understand that you want about 1/2 of what I have available and I have responded to your PM. I will ship after Christmas to avoid the last minute Christmas package rush and the current blizzard in the Midwest.

The other half of the Ceratopteris thalictroides I will post in a ROAK in a separate thread either later this evening or tomorrow; if you are one of the individuals that expressed interest watch for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts