The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got 12 wild tigers, in a rainbow of tints and colors. They are blue, red, yellow, green, orange, purple. Lots of neat tints to them. I also have 2 blonde males, they were apparently throw backs from blues breeding, so I should have some interesting genes. What pH would they prefer the best? The web gives a million different suggestions on these shrimp as opposed to others that are usually pretty consistent.

I can do tap water, pH7.6, ro water and netlea soil, netlea soil and tap water, so I can get a pretty steady pH from 6-7.6 if I need to just by my water ratios, and substrate, so whatever they need, I want to give them what they would do best in. low pH, high pH, middle pH. low or high being the easiest to maintain. lol.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after more reading, it seems tigers are all over the map with pH although most seem to say that they do better in a slightly acidic for the shrimp and the babies, around 6.8, but others report keeping them breeding fine in 7.6, so I'm still confused. lol.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They have bred for me in all types of water conditions, but definitely do best at slightly acidic.
Thanks, thats what I gathers from reading around but so many different opinions on them as opposed to others. Going to try for a 6.6-6.8 range and see.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I must also say, these wild tigers are much more active, which I've read they can be and a bugger to catch. I caught like 8 yellow shrimp, 4 of them multiple times cause they wouldn't move out of the way of the net while I was trying to get the tigers into their new tank today. Took me like an hour to get 14 tigers out of the tank. I could have gotten 60 baby rcs in that time. lol.

Such neat colors on the wilds though. I have a tinted rainbow of tigers. lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.