The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Gallon High Tech Planted Paradise
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my tank setup and have a Dwyer Flow Meter on my CO2. After setting the CO2 flow to 50cc/min, each morning the little bead has been maxed out. After playing around, it appears there is some moisture inside the flow meter. I checked my line and check valves between the reactor and the flow meter and it's dry, so it doesn't appear that the moisture was siphoned back from the tank.

2 questions -

1. What is the best way to dry out the system to make sure the water isn't causing issues with the flow?

2. Where could this water be coming from? I've checked all my connections and can't find any leaks, however, maybe the water in the system was from the soapy water I sprayed on the fittings after putting it all together?

It's hard to gauge the accurate flow because the water just pushes the little bead to the max even if the flow is barely on.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
125 Gallon High Tech Planted Paradise
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update, it appears that the metal check valve I had just put in was not stopping all water from backflowing. I put another plastic/clear check valve behind it and the water backs up to it but no further and the water in the flow meter is gone. I unscrewed the needle valve while the solenoid was off and then flipped it on at a high pressure a couple times to blow anything out of the line. A few drops of water came out and all has been good for 2 days now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.