The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My low light tank has pressurized CO2, along with ferts, but my dilemma lies with water flow. I want to have good water circulation for the sake of good plant growth, but not too strong for the sake of my fish. My fish come from slower streams or water bodies in Asia. Most notably, my Daisy's Ricefish and Honey Gourami. My Hydor Nano 240 circulation pump appears to be too much flow for these fish. I have an Eheim 2213 that supplies around 120 GPH of flow already, so what should I do to ensure my water circulation is good but not too strong in my 30 gallon tank? I'm willing to buy a smaller powerhead if you guys think it's a good idea. The Eheim Skim 350 comes to mind as an alternative. My plants are generally low maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
If you aim the powerhead so the flow is directed at and along the back wall of the tank you shouldn't have too much water current. This will diffuse the flow, and give you a relatively gentle circular flow in the tank. Most of the center of the tank will have very slow current.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.