The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bottle of Aquarium Solutions Ultimate water conditioner and it says it detoxifies Heavy Metals (including Copper). I also picked up a bottle of Flourish which states it has Copeer at 0.0001% in it among other type of metals.

Is it safe to use this type of water conditioner for a planeted tank setup, or and I removing some essential nutrients for my plants? Just thought I'd ask to make sure I'm using the right type of water conditioner in case it mattered.

thanks
GGG

·
Registered
414 Posts
From what I've read: Water conditioner detoxifies metals by chelating them, that is the conditioner binds the metal ions to larger molecules thereby rendering them safe for fish and inverts.

Flourish's copper is already chelated but plants possess the ability(or they have symbiotic bacteria in their roots) that can release the ion from the chelating material.

So your flourish will not be affected by the conditioner, nor will any invertebrates be affected by the copper in the Flourish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.