The Planted Tank Forum banner

Water cloudy and murky

953 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  KatherineGaines
I started a 32 gallon planted tank recently. I've had substrate and water in it for 2 weeks now. Substrate: organic soil capped with eco complete. I planted it about a week ago and the water is just as cloudy as day 1. I poured the water from the eco complete bag out before adding to tank. There are no fish yet. How long does the cloudy water last? Is it an algae/bacteria bloom? I'm scared its the soil and ill have an ongoing issue.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
I started a 32 gallon planted tank recently. I've had substrate and water in it for 2 weeks now. Substrate: organic soil capped with eco complete. I planted it about a week ago and the water is just as cloudy as day 1. I poured the water from the eco complete bag out before adding to tank. There are no fish yet. How long does the cloudy water last? Is it an algae/bacteria bloom? I'm scared its the soil and ill have an ongoing issue.

How many inches did you cap? I have at least 3 inches of eco complete over the potted soil. The tank is a little cloudy -
I’m in my first few days and just turned on a canister filter so we’ll see how it looks after the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.