The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I want to improve the circulation in my tank, eliminating dead spots & making sure I get my co2 distributed evenly.

I have a 135 litre freshwater tank with plenty of plants and is stocked with red nose rummy's.

My quandary is I want to improve the circulation but not blow the fish all over the tank, I've looked a Tunze pumps and Korallis pumps but still have no clue which one would help me achieve the desired result.

Can anyone here recommend something that would circulate the water without stressing my fish.

Many Thanks from a clueless noob.

Jon

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
What are the dimensions of the tank.

I have a 30 UK Gallons high tank and use a Koralia nano pump (900lph). It's not 10x flow but along side my 800lph canister filter it pushes the Co2 round the tank well.

I put the spray bar and pump at the back of the tank and the diffuser at the bottom. I have a atomizer bazooka diffuser which makes insanely small bubbles which dissolve quick (even before they hit the impeller of the pump) and are blown easily around the tank.

My pygmies, badis and green neons seem to do fine

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a 126 liter moderately planted tank with a canister filter. I needed more circulation so I tried a small Tunze (Nanostream 6015) - good flow but way too strong. Now I'm using the Hydor Koralia Nano (900 liter/240 g version) and really like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.