The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plants in front of my tank are looking pretty nice thriving off of whatever plants need. But the back of the tank looks barren, the stems of the plants are starting to rot and break off mid stem. Also non of the jungle vals are sending runner to feel in the back, all runners are moving to the front of the tank. All the dead leaves are collecting in the back rotting away using up any oxygen back there anyhow right? Do I need to add one of those mini fans to move some water behind the large piece of drift wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
You should manually clean out the mulm & decaying plant matter. Letting it build up is asking for a sudden "mystrious die-off" when the tank finally tips off balance.

Tommy

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do try to clean out any uneaten food and plant matter I see but I know for sure that there is some in some hard to reach areas behind the driftwood. also will an increase in water circulation stop the plants in the back from decaying away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.