The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't currently dose my tank with anything but Excel. But I want to start dosing dry ferts using the EI method. I know with the EI method you are supposed to do 50% wc every week on the same day of the week. Normally this would not be an issue because I already do weekly wc usually on Saturdays. But, there are some times when I won't be able to always do them on the same day. For example this weekend I will be traveling for work. So, I won't be able to do my wc until Wednesday at the earliest. Will these instances cause problems if I am doing EI dosing? If I go 9-10 days between wc will I have too much nutrients in the tank? Wi it harm the fish? Should I just not dose on the weeks that I know I won't be able to do the wc on time?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just out of curiosity, what would be considered extreme? What if I had to go two weeks between wc? What about three weeks? I think if that were to ever happen I would just stop dosing for a little while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.