The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I'm fairly sure I know the answer to this, but it's just a guess. I did a fairly large water change just a moment ago and after I filled my tank back up a few plants started pearling. Now I'm assuming that the plants aren't really pearling but that it's some air that has gotten into them from the water change. Am I correct? Btw nothing has ever come close to pearling before, diy CO2 just isn't enough in my tank. Oh and no it's not just micro bubbles I mean a steady stream of air from one place. Just curious anyhow :)

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
The water in the mains is much colder and under pressure so gas solubility is very high. when it gets heated and under normal pressure the gas comes out of solution and appears to fizz/ collect on the surface of stuff in the tank. Additionally immediately after a w/c gas conc. is higher so what gasses are being put into the water by the plants can't dissolve so we see the bubbles.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes sense, I knew they weren't really pearling but was wondering what was going on. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts