The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on keeping german blue rams and apistogramma in a 55 gallon tank. Many of the articles online give different min-max temperatures for different types of plants. This tank will probably be kept around 82F since these fish require warmer waters.

What plants do well at that temperature? So far I've found anubias, dwarf sag, crypt wendtii and wisteria. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Frankly, there isn't a common non-cold water aquatic plant that will not grow at that temperature. Managing CO2 and growth rates are the concern, not the temps itself. In the tropics 82f is mild, without air-conditioning, tanks here hit 86 regularly. Lower is better, but 82f is manageable

Some plants that can survive/grow but may not have good form, so avoid these : HC, rotala macrandra + other rotalas, riccardia/mini pelia. Stuff that will do very well even at higher temps; most crypts, most swords, most hygrophilas, most ludwigias

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a discus tank and keep Amazon swords, crinum calimistrotum(sp), ludwigia, jungle Val, apongaton ulvacious(sp), water Sprite, and red tiger lotus. I keep my temps at about 84. The Val melted back a little but Val usually does that anyway. HTH.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.