The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

Yesterday was the first day of school and my teacher knows that I am an avid aquarist. She has asked me to put up an aquarium in the corner of the class. I am thinking of a 20g or 10g, I am leaning more towards the 20g since I have a stand for it.

Anyways, I am on a limited budget and I am looking for:

• Filter media
    [STRIKE]
  • Filter
  • Hardscape items
  • Good starter portion of glosso, hygrophila polysperma 'sunset', staurogyne repens, anubias 'nana', blyxa
  • Needle valve and solenoid[/COLOR][/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]
  • Sand (If nobody wants to ship some, I can simple get some at home depot)[/STRIKE] Thanks Azfishkid and Duff!
  • [STRIKE]Fish (Doesn't have to be "rare" but if you have extra guppies, cardinal tetra, otos, pgmy cories, that would be great).[/STRIKE] Thanks Msjinkndz!
  • [STRIKE]Lighting system. 24" long[/STRIKE]

I cannot put enough emphasis on how small my budget is, its on my dime (school isn't paying for it) and I barely have enough for my own tanks, I am trying to get these items for as low as possible. EDIT: My budget went from $5 to $18 :) I sold my paintball co2 regulator to raise funds so I could buy a light. Anybody willing to part with a canister filter?

I do accept donations via paypal I got a few PM's about this, just clarifying.

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to journal it definitely!

PM incoming.

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
@msjinknzd

Lemme get back to you on that. While I do have a tank right now I could quarantene them in, I would much rather have the actual tank set-up. Can it wait 1-2 weeks?

I might have a few items available such as HOB filters, air pumps, bubble wands, thermometers, etc....what grade are you in?
I don't need HOB filters, I have a few that would work, but the noise would be a problem. I don't think I would need air pumps because I am going to have DIY co2 and I have a spare pump too. Thanks a bunch anyways!

I am in 9th grade.

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for that link! I might get that, just need to save up a bit more to get it or wait until somebody has a spare. I would like to get as many items used.

@duff Thanks a million! Myself and my classmates thank you!

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@pc1 I think I am doing an iwagumi scape, but I don't know. PM incoming

@Jeffvmd If I don't get mazanita, I won't need it. Although right now, I think I am leaning more towards a woodscape.

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bump!

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
I'm always up to help out any "starving aquarist". I have two rocks that are the same as the ones that are in the 60-p journal that are in my sig if you want to check it out and see if you could use them. Also let me look in my basement to see if I have any other equipment I can give you.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.