The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have co2 and a ecoxotic led and was thinking about dry ferts. Anyone have any suggestions on what to dose. I have some dwarf hairgrass now but about to completely rescape the tank with new plants.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Just follow tom Barr's EI
10-20 Gallons
1/8 tsp KNO3 3x a week
1/32 tsp KH2PO4 3x a week
1/32 tsp (2ml) traces 3x a week

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you will be consistent on the WEEKLY(keyword here!) water changes then you can do the full EI dose. If not then don't follow the recommended dose because I can guarantee you the nitrate levels will shot up. This is a small tank and it is very easy to overdose on the ferts because of the volume of water. Same goes for the phosphate being dosed.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
If you will be consistent on the WEEKLY(keyword here!) water changes then you can do the full EI dose. If not then don't follow the recommended dose because I can guarantee you the nitrate levels will shot up. This is a small tank and it is very easy to overdose on the ferts because of the volume of water. Same goes for the phosphate being dosed.
But then again thats easy on a 10gl. Not a lot of time or water involved. Takes me maybe 5 minutes on my 10.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should probably get on a water change schedule...I always have a bucket of old fish water and dead leaves and stuff that only gets emptied when i want to take more water out so my room starts smelling...Any good place or brand of ferts to look for?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have been real happy with Greenleaf Aquariums EI selection. It comes with KNo3, KH2PO4, K2SO4 and CSM+B. For a 10 gallon tank it will last at least 2 years for the price of a bottle of Flourish and Excel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts