The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I don't know a stable place, but ask your LFS if they ever get any in with their feeders. Mine gets them now and then in their ghost shrimp shipments, and they're usually willing to set them aside and sell them for maybe a couple bucks.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, ive never shipped fish before, but I have a lot of them.
Nice. I hear they only live about 1.5 years. Do you keep them alone, or with other fish? Are they reproducing in your tank? That would make them a great addition if they reproduce readily, since they won't live long. I'm creating an Everglades biotope, and thought they would be a good choice for a 10g, maybe with some Darters. I hear they can live without a heater as well.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have them multiple tanks. And they readily reproduce, although adults, along with my other fish eat fry. Some still manage to grow up without me trying. They are funny little fish with some unique behaviors. Males will show off to one another, but that's about as aggressive as they get.
Speaking of the everglades, its in my back yard. I field collected my initial stock from surrounding bodies of water.
Do you know what a least killifish is? One of my favorite natives. You could fit a lot in a ten gallon.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have them multiple tanks. And they readily reproduce, although adults, along with my other fish eat fry. Some still manage to grow up without me trying. They are funny little fish with some unique behaviors. Males will show off to one another, but that's about as aggressive as they get.
Speaking of the everglades, its in my back yard. I field collected my initial stock from surrounding bodies of water.
Do you know what a least killifish is? One of my favorite natives. You could fit a lot in a ten gallon.
Very nice. No, don't know least killifish. I'll have to look them up. Yea, I'm looking forward to putting together this tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.