The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to replicate the look I have in my 1.75g vase but in a 10g (carpet). The vase used 1 pot that was separated into 11 little plants.

Willing to buy....... or trade for 2x 75g jars of Atison's betta food

[email protected]

Or if you have any leads on where to buy a few pots, please LMK

·
Registered
588 Posts
Looks like Crypt Wendtii mi oya, which can be found here in so cal at a couple lfs. This explains Def don't stay that small, and grow runners very quickly.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've heard that they get big but my vase has been set up for 9 months and that's the growth I've gotten from a single 10w cfl.

The lfs that I got my Crypts from closed shop a month ago and this other place I went to this week had a few ragety examples of this plant.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Buy the raggedy ones. Try to get them cheap. They'll recover well with some root tabs and decent lights and be in great shape in no time. I started with two small plants.. I now have them in large quantities in 8 tanks and give out multiple large plants every few months that grow in as roaks

·
Registered
588 Posts
If you don't want to buy from the lfs, I may have some to give out here in a few days, whenever I have time to get around to a trim.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Sister had a Dr's appointment a few hrs away so I took advantage and goggled a few LFS locations to hit on the way back. I was able to score a few plants.
Looks like Wendtii Bronze and Green(?).

The reason I like to buy potted crypts is because you usually get around 10 individual plants. This store obviously separated the pots and made a few packages and still managed to charged a premium. These were sold from a planted gravel holding tank.

Still looking for more.

·
Registered
306 Posts
There's a local pet shop in Monterey Park that has a nice selection of plants. They have a lot of different selection of crypts. They almost always have Wendtii green and brown for sale, as well as crypt Mi oya.

Here's the address:

All Pet Center
1950 S Atlantic Blvd, Monterey Park, CA.

I buy most of my plants from this shop.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a local pet shop in Monterey Park that has a nice selection of plants. They have a lot of different selection of crypts. They almost always have Wendtii green and brown for sale, as well as crypt Mi oya.

Here's the address:

All Pet Center
1950 S Atlantic Blvd, Monterey Park, CA.

I buy most of my plants from this shop.
Thanks Kidgrave. I have since picked up over 60 individual plants but for some reason, the 20 still looks like it needs more crypts lol

I'll definitely check out All Pet Center this weekend.

Thanks again

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thanks Kidgrave. I have since picked up over 60 individual plants but for some reason, the 20 still looks like it needs more crypts lol

I'll definitely check out All Pet Center this weekend.

Thanks again
You welcome. That shop usually has this sale where you buy 2 pots and you get one free. The pots of crypts usually sale for 3-4 dollars.

I love buying plants from there. What crypts do you want to purchase? I want to purchase Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green for my 37 gallon tank.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm looking for anything really. Anything I add will make my sons tank look a bit more dense and full.

This is a list of what we already have. Unfortunately, most of them look like the same plant to the untrained eye. I think I may need to pony up the cash and get some of the nicer variety of crypt.

c. wendtii red (mi oya)
c. wendtii green
c. wendtii brown
c. parva
c. tropica aka bronze
c. wilissi
c. lutea (walkeri)
c. balanse
c. wendtii spec. "Indonesia"/ lucen?
c. pontederiifolia
c. wendtii "green gecko"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts