The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a bit of a population problem with my Least Killies. looking for a fish - or anything - that will use the fry as a supplemental food source while leaving my shrimp alone (at least the adults - shrimp fry are fine for food too). 25g tank currently has 5-10 red kili's, same number of full sized amanos, ~15 ghost shimp, and two adult purple danios

Patrick

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, let me be a bit more specific. prefer to add something native to southern us. minnow, dace, sunfish. but also want the max size to be no more than 3-4". so far what I've looked at are too timid/slow to feed on fry, or only plant/invertibrate feeders. dont mind losing a few smaller shrimp as long as the killie fry are controlled

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually the leaf fish while cool get to be about 6", have huge mouths, and would decimate everyone else in the tank in a matter of days. I am looking at a smaller sunfish (<4") or possibly a pirate perch tho the perch may in the end be as destructive as the leaf fish just not as quickly. also thought of flagfish as I have had them in the past but their aggression varies per individual

1 - 7 of 7 Posts