The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just couldnt resist with the title :hihi: but seriously, i took the plunge and got some bloody marys. They arrived today and really are breath taking. Here are some pics from today unpacking and an hour after they went into the tank. The first shrimp pic is a for sure male, the others i'm not sure but i believe they are all females. The very last picture is one of my PFR's in another tank for comparison. O and my tiger couldnt resist and needed some attention lol I hope they do well for me!! If anyone would happen to want info on where i got them, please PM me. Thanks for looking :D

Attachments

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hows the weather in PA? I don't dare to order shrimps in this nyc cold, just paranoid i guess.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Beautiful opaque dense shade of red, Duck5003!
And I love the bold stripes on your tiger.
(I'm trying really hard not to make a sweet BM comment, but some sweet uh...stuff you got going on there)

-Stef*

·
Registered
164 Posts
Great shrimp! I just got a shipment of Rili's in last week. unfortunately had fish/shrimp issues and will be re-homing my fish and getting a new shrimpment next week! I want me some shrimp! Agro, the weather in my area of PA has been hovering around the 32 degree mark but will be a bit warmer next week. Have still had no problem receiving shrimp/plants/even live apistos. All have arrived in great shape through the past 3-4 months.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone! Really enjoying these guys so far. Weather in my area has been about the same. Up and down but maybe a 32 degree average. knock on wood, i've had no issues with shrimp or plants this winter. This includes red tigers, royal blues, and these Bloody Marys for shrimp and quite a few plant orders. Couple of things i attribute to the success

-Trusting your shipper to package everything correctly

-Heat packs

-And probly the most important, ive gotten to know my post woman and she makes sure myself or the girlfriend is here to get the package the moment its delivered so really they should not ever be sitting outside for long at all.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I hesitated when I clicked on this thread. :) I have Crohns Disease so BM has a whole nuther meaning to me! LOLOLOL
That being said...

Those are some SWEET BMS!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hows the weather in PA? I don't dare to order shrimps in this nyc cold, just paranoid i guess.
If you get Neos, they are used to cold weather because they naturally live in streams that freeze over. I got in some shrimp a couple weeks ago when it was in the negatives in Syracuse and was scared out of my mind but they all came in safe and sound. I hear they are a lot hardier than we think!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts