The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have 3 of them I think and have never had a problem I also have the more expensive 15$ digital 2 outlet one and that one's done well except once didn't turn off at the end of the day... they ALSO sell a 20$ power bar, 8 outlets, 4 controlled by 1 timer and 4 are constant on and I have that and they all have worked flawlessly thus far.

My biggest gripe with the cheap ones with the tabs is taht ****ing grinding noise that comes out of it as the dials are slowly spinning. It sounds like someone is slowly scraping plastic over the hardwood floor it really bugs me so I'm in the process of sneaking digital ones every once in a while home by my wife to replace them all haha

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have two "tabbed" times, the blue pins you push down, I have them for both my tanks, and they work flawless. One of them was made by a British company, the other just a chinese knockoff, works just as good. It took a day or two to figure out how it works though, perhaps you just need to spend a little more time with it.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Oh don't get me started - I even emailed Brinks and told them what JUNK they make! Of course I never got a reply. I started with the $4 Walmart mechanical, which didn't work - the tabs were pre-chewed even though the box looked sealed. Took that back, got another one - same thing. Took THAT back and upgraded to the $6 one...that one would come on but not shut off.

Graduated to digital for $9. I have two of them. They work, but one has a "Time" button that sticks in when you try to set the time, and will wizz past your target time happily ever after until you whack it against something to break it loose.

Nice product.

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.