The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Congratulations. I've had about three berried Cherry shrimp, but so far no little critters. One of them is still berried (I think, about 2 weeks now), so I am hoping for babies soon. Two of the other berried shrimp, died under unusual circumstances. A criminal investigation is pending.

Maybe I have babies in the tank already and they just aren't ready to come out an play. We'll see.....

Wishing you a smooth and speedy hatch!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a small 3 gallon with RCS and I had a female who carried her eggs for a month and a half. I didn't think they would ever hatch.

I noticed about 3 tiny shrimp on the back wall of the tank so I figured that they were going to all hatch soon. It took another 2 weeks before they all hatched. Then when they did I couldn't see them because they were hiding in my water sprites (floating plants)

Now my tank is crawling with the little guys and they get bigger by the day. It is the coolest thing to watch.

I am so glad I put shrimp in there instead of 1 fish.

Good luck with your shrimplets!!!!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The funny thing is there are fish in the tank with them. I hope some of the little guys survive, I purposely added tons of java Moss and very a very densely planted area around where they call "home" I guess what you would call that area lol. Guess we will see.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
I had cherry shrimp in my 29 gal planted tank with several species of fish. The shrimp berried frequently... but I never saw a single shrimplet. Seems the fish ate the poor things.

Back in early November I set up a 10 gal shrimp only tank. Now there's so many baby shrimp crawling all over the tank there's no way to count em!

·
Registered
40 Posts
My RCS berried and I didn't even know it until I was observing my tank and I was like, I don't remember getting RCS that small! LOL......I had bought my RCS 1 month ago. I'm a proud grandma!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, looks like we have little ones running around the java Moss, hope they all decide it is better in there than trying to cross the tank. And Now I have two more berried moms. They are so Cute! My wife, Daughter and I sat and watched them move around the Java Moss most of the eve.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I first saw my baby cherries today and was so very excited! The female was berried when I got her, so I wasn't sure if the eggs hatched or she just dumped them from the stress... they hatched! Yay!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts