The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone out there have one of the Bamboo tablets? Looks like fun .... at times I would like the ability to "write" on a photo or do an freehand illustration, etc.

How cool or not is this thing? Not looking into the super duper one just the run of the mill $99 version.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
I have the regular wacom tablet. The bamboo looks nice and thin.

It takes a bit to learn/ reset your brain to use it since the mouse is such an integral tool.
I haven't used it all that much though. If I need to draw, I pull out my handy pad of paper and pens.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
the hovering your pen above the tablet is counter-intuitive to me and a bit of a pain physically. They should have designed it so you drag your pen on the tablet to move and to draw, you hold down on the pen button.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the hovering your pen above the tablet is counter-intuitive to me and a bit of a pain physically. They should have designed it so you drag your pen on the tablet to move and to draw, you hold down on the pen button.
That would really drive me nuts, too, and probably worsen my carpal tunnel. I think with the newer versions you actually write on the tablet surface.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
oh snap,
it has changed. I was watch vids on youtube that wasn't very clear on the action.

hmmm. I might have to upgrade my wacom tablet.

One thing it lacks that my old tablet has is wireless (bluetooth) connection.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh snap,
it has changed. I was watch vids on youtube that wasn't very clear on the action.

hmmm. I might have to upgrade my wacom tablet.

One thing it lacks that my old tablet has is wireless (bluetooth) connection.

Wouldn't it be super with wireless! I wonder if the rest of their tablets have wireless? Gonna check it out though I don't want to spend like mucho $$.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts