The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow I must be a on a scaping spree.... Another layout scaped today in another 1g cube that I got. I've always wanted to try another style, but never had the chance or the right plants, and this time I believe I do. Tell me what you think, sorry about the cloudiness and back photos, will take better ones once it clears.

The plants.....

W. K.

Bedside twins... one's the old scape/ abused holding tank

I really want to put some guppies or something in this, but as everyone knows, I have to leave for Hong Kong, so I'm pretty much stuck fishless....... sigh. And the water level is intended to be lower, but some of the plants haven't been converted to merged growth so I'll have to slowly lower the water level. I still want to add one more plant species in there.

oh... and the other used to look like this...

and this....

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well here's some updated and clearer pictures. This glass is the same glass that ADA uses for their "mist" clarity tanks, they describe it as glass that diffuses light to create a misty looking effect to the background when taking photos of it. And that's why my tank doesn't look as clear. Anyway here's the pictures....

I also added some more smaller moss rocks for the more detail to the tank which also serves to hide some of the roots/stems. I wanted to make this tank a two sided one, so it can be viewed from both sides.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I LOVE IT.

Your cube looks like glass vase I got at Ikea, but I don't think mine is 1gal.
I only have sand and water in mine, looks so lonely.
You've inspired me.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Turtleheads' Tank-- Was bought at a flower shop
My Clear Tray-- Was bought at a department store (in Tokyo, but look around, you might find something similar).

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.