The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
I tried to use one for a couple weeks on one of my smaller tanks. After using it at it's lowest setting, I decided it was just too much. Perhaps it would be useful on a tank larger than a 40g. When used at a decent clip, it really kicked up all the mulm. (and blew the plants completely horizontal) I guess a benefit would be a cleaner tank. You really don't need it's full output though. (1250gph - I think)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to use one for a couple weeks on one of my smaller tanks. After using it at it's lowest setting, I decided it was just too much. Perhaps it would be useful on a tank larger than a 40g. When used at a decent clip, it really kicked up all the mulm. (and blew the plants completely horizontal) I guess a benefit would be a cleaner tank. You really don't need it's full output though. (1250gph - I think)
Yeah I had one for about a week for my 29 gallon reef tank and it was awesome. But for some weird reason it stopped working so I sent it back and bought some Tunze pumps since they where cheaper. But I have started to just toy with the idea of one in a planted tank like a 40breeder or 55 gallon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.