The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just I have a setup with a crypt in it. Top soil topped with PFS. Right now I am just growing it by the window. Have seen growth. It went from one leaf to 4-5. But I am getting bored of pond snails. What could I put in there besides shrimp, but I may end up putting shrimp in there later.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Pic?

I don't think it would be a good idea to put anything but snails in a bottle that small.
+1 all that
don't stick a betta (or other fish) in that.. ever.., way to tiny for them to have any swim room or good filtration.
also please share photos ^^

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like I said not much, at least until i get shrimp or more snails and some Potassium Nitrate

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought Grey Goose was tall skinny bottles?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I would put a lot more plants, rip off the ugly label and leave the lid off so the bottle can get some gas exchange. I wouldn't put anything living in that bottle without more plants to naturally filter the water, def no fish. Not enough space, its cruel IMO. I think your getting bored with your vodka bottle fish tank because it's not a fish tank. I commend you for trying to up cycle what most consider trash though. I think it would serve better as a terrarium since it will hold moisture in well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You got to leave the label. Its eventually going to get setup on our bar but right now its going through the "design" stage. I am planning on adding more plants eventually but right now I cant really because of the lack of nitrate. So I am waiting on some potassium nitrate to come.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just have Ghosties in my 2.5 so maybe Ill just end up doing shrimp in both.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.