The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10g aquarium, no trim, ADA looking sort of box. Considering a vivarium.............. would a small frog be too much for this? I wouldnt mine one if they arent a huge upkeep item and if they arent going to keep us up all night singing LOL

Advice appreciated.

chaz

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, depending on your setup, Bombina orientalis work great in such a small space, along with fire belly newts too. Chubby frogs, tomato frogs, pixie frogs, and other relatively inactive frogs would also do well in there. The only thing I would really suggest against is keeping any tree frogs, as they need lots of space to be happy. Dependent upon your experience and willingess to put effort in, thumbnail dendrobatids would also make fascinating additions (for more information, visit Dendroboard - Your source for dart frog information..) Well, that should about cover it I think.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Take a look at the post from Nellis. The Dendrobates imitator is what he has. They are part of a group of Poison Dart Frogs known as "thumbnail frogs", because that's their size full grown!

s

[fyi - dendroboard is a great source, I'm "Scott" on it. ;)]

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take a look at the post from Nellis. The Dendrobates imitator is what he has. They are part of a group of Poison Dart Frogs known as "thumbnail frogs", because that's their size full grown!

s

[fyi - dendroboard is a great source, I'm "Scott" on it. ;)]
where can i obtain Dendrobates imitator ??

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sorry, Just checking on the board this morning.

I work with a couple of types of D. imitator and would be happy to set you up with a couple.

Scott
Sanford, Maine

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Sorry, Just checking on the board this morning.

I work with a couple of types of D. imitator and would be happy to set you up with a couple.

Scott
Sanford, Maine
Scott. Its good to know someone somewhat local has them... If I ever need some, I know who to call!

Now guys, stop making me want to put a corner tank in my room where there is an empty corner where I could fit a NICE viv!

-Andrew

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey frawg,
i just picked up a 12x12x12 exo terra terrarium. thats about 8 gallons of space. Any advice on setting it up would be appreciated.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Exo Terra's are nice tanks - but they're not "fly proof".

You really need to work them over to make them so fruit flies cannot as easily escape.

That said - a nice tank to start with. I really prefer front opening tanks.

s

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
^They are also not "wallet proof" HA!
Good luck with a nice viv. i'm having trouble finding a nice cork backdrop for mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts