The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, so i have a 37g with turtles and some african cichlids... (yea I know they dont belong together... spare me the lecture) I have it filled about 1/3 with water, am running ample filtration and have a rather nice waterfall setup.. My question is... does anyone know of any plants, besides air plants that will handle a ph of about 7.8 and warm temperatures that I can use in the terrestrial part of the system?

thanks

F

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
~10 gallons water doesn't sound like enough for that much fauna. Unless you do a big water change every day the water will foul quickly.

There are some plants that might grow OK in there. They would need to be sturdy to resist trampling by the turtles. You might look for peace lilies (Spthiphyllum sp.) in the houseplants at Home Depot or any garden center.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no no no i'm not worried about the turtles trampling the plants, and the water doesn't foul... I have insane filtration. i'm looking for some sort of bog plants that i can keep in there...

thanks
F

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Java Fern...? I have heard that it has toxins that make fish and animals dislike the tast>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.