The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'll be visiting Washington from May 23 - 29. Are there any shops that sell nano tanks, shrimp, etc? I'm looking forward to seeing new stuff. Also wanted to buy a chiller for my 20L when I get there. :nerd:

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Aloha!

What part of Washington?

Aquarium Zen in Seattle, WA sounds like what you are looking for! Steve (owner) is a really nice guy!
Specializes in nano tanks, aquascaping, rarer plant species, etc., etc.
Most renown fish/plant/aquascaping store in Washington, and his store just opened/started not long ago! People from around the world constantly comment how they want to visit his store in person. Take a look!
Aquarium Zen
https://www.facebook.com/AquariumZen/

Aquarium Co-op in Edmonds, WA has small fish, though I don't think Cory (owner) stocks all that many nano tanks, but most of the equipment and fish are geared toward small/nano tanks. I could be wrong though, it's been a long while since I've been up there again, and he's always getting more inventory and expanding his store and products he carries (he only carries things with good reviews/he would personally use).

Sierra Fish & Pets in Renton, WA is a bigger LFS with more fish and carries a bunch of different nano tanks and larger rimless tanks (so does Aquarium Zen).

Midway Tropical Fish & Pets in "Kent" (more like Des Moines), WA has more uncommon fish (nanos to monster fish), and also rarer shrimp (Taiwans Bees, Tigers, Crystals, etc, not the top of the line Caridina variants though).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure, it's my Aunt's place. Supposedly half an hour from Seattle so I'll probably be able to visit Aquarium Zen. Thank you!! I might also visit Midway Tropical if I can't find a chiller at Aquarium Zen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.