1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Funny this came up, I was just wondering about these today. I remember you bringing them up a while back. I was very interested in the potential but hadn’t heard anybody sharing experience with using them so I’ve just been waiting. Do you know of anyone using these or similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Funny this came up, I was just wondering about these today. I remember you bringing them up a while back. I was very interested in the potential but hadn’t heard anybody sharing experience with using them so I’ve just been waiting. Do you know of anyone using these or similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used 5000k (no longer manuf in that temp) SORRA's on my 55gal.
These were high CRI COB's as were all my COB's on the 55.

Looks sort of like this.. ;)

Point of them at the time was that they used RGB phosphors thus spreading out the blue band (inc. cyan) over a royal blue peaked led.
Thus the higher CRI.
SADLY they never sold COB's just bulbs.
Snagged a handful on clearance and disassembled them to get to the COB.
Yuji sells ind. COBS w/ violets BUT had mixed data regarding their stability.

Having now compared them to like the "fresh fish" COB's at 6500K the look is similar overall even considering the
K temp difference.
Sorry not enough red plants to use as a comparison.
This is the 5000k curve on the SORRA.

Never saw a violet based LED that wasn't very err "natural" in color.
Funny going full circle back to how t5's ect were built without the mercury and big green spike of course.

5 pucks.. 3 SORRA's 1 Lum. Devices 4000k high CRI and 1 fresh fish COB
Pretty sure you can identify each.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.