The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I am trying to come very close to a scape that was completed by Viktor Lantos. I attached pictures bellow, I might change the stumps to be more like trees? If not I have access to mounds of driftwood and could find the right pieces. However I have really cool dead bonsai trees that could take the place of them.

My big question is how many pounds of seiryu rock do you think he used? I also want the background plant to be a sharp red, yellow, or orange. I have been looking at plants and I will have medium- high light, diffused CO2, and ferts. What background plant might be a good idea?

The tank will be a 90P ADA, and I also have no idea where to find substrate that looks like that.

Please help, thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,647 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeff5614,

Thank you very much, very helpful! I am not sure this sand looks like pool filter sand, I am currently using pool filter sand in one of my planted tanks and it looks nothing like this.

Thanks!

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
I think PFS is less colorful most of the time, but would be a good economical solution and would work well with that hardscape. Good thing about PFS is you could suction dirty send out and drop fresh send right back in, since it's so inexpensive.

That setup with all the stems will require alot of maintenance and will change constantly as the trimmed plants grow back in. The second picture at the beginning is actually a nice setup even without the stems and can be kept long-term.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.