The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was in Vienna today with my family I decided to stop by the store and see what they had. Well I walked over and as soon as I walked through the door I saw a man an a young child who worked there just giving me the evil eye as if I was going to steal something or if I was going to say something rude. I thought that was strange and proceded to the back where the fish are held. There stock wasn't too bad but it was very overpriced and many of the fish were ill. After I had looked through the tanks I went to the back where there are sometimes angelfish, but is mostly mean't for the koi. I walked in and they had some discus which were malnourished and sickly. The only things in there that are not sickly were the koi which for such a bad shop were in great condition. After I had finished looking at everything I wanted to ask them where they received the fish but when I asked they looked at me as if I was crazy and the owner asked me "Why would you ask that." which seemed like a rude comment just from the tone and then continued to ask me what suppliers I knew of and corrected me as if I knew nothing. I wanted to give them a piece of my mind but did not as their were young children and I did't want to make scene. So I left.

Overall there store is a rundown, weird, bad smelling place, that is not worth a trip unless absoleutly neccesary. It is as if they don't need you there and make you feel as if you are not welcome their. Don't waste your time shopping at a store that doesn't want you there. The sign over the door should read "Abandon all hope ye who enter here" instead of Vienna Aquarium. I will never be going there again. :mad:

·
Registered
119 Posts
While I was in Vienna today with my family I decided to stop by the store and see what they had. Well I walked over and as soon as I walked through the door I saw a man an a young child who worked there just giving me the evil eye as if I was going to steal something or if I was going to say something rude. I thought that was strange and proceded to the back where the fish are held. There stock wasn't too bad but it was very overpriced and many of the fish were ill. After I had looked through the tanks I went to the back where there are sometimes angelfish, but is mostly mean't for the koi. I walked in and they had some discus which were malnourished and sickly. The only things in there that are not sickly were the koi which for such a bad shop were in great condition. After I had finished looking at everything I wanted to ask them where they received the fish but when I asked they looked at me as if I was crazy and the owner asked me "Why would you ask that." which seemed like a rude comment just from the tone and then continued to ask me what suppliers I knew of and corrected me as if I knew nothing. I wanted to give them a piece of my mind but did not as their were young children and I did't want to make scene. So I left.

Overall there store is a rundown, weird, bad smelling place, that is not worth a trip unless absoleutly neccesary. It is as if they don't need you there and make you feel as if you are not welcome their. Don't waste your time shopping at a store that doesn't want you there. The sign over the door should read "Abandon all hope ye who enter here" instead of Vienna Aquarium. I will never be going there again. :mad:
Gotta agree with you about the weird smell/how abandoned and run down the place is. The darkened upstairs with what looks like dozens of empty bird/dog cages is straight up creepy and reminds me of something out of an episode of Hoarders...doesn't help that it's located on a street of primarily paint shops and car repair garages...I actually had to circle a couple times to find it.

BUT! When you look at their actual tanks and the fish inhabiting them...they're some of the cleanest and well maintained ones I've seen around here, not to mention they have what seems to be literally hundreds of Koi in dozen's of tanks/ponds, when you walk up to one of the pens they literally "crawl" on top of each other while breaching the water thinking you're going to feed them!

Can't say much about the people working there, there was just some old guy there and he seemed to be pleasant enough.

Food Water Lighting Ingredient Television set

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.