The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background narrative
Last year, I decided it was time to buy my first ever video game console, so I went and bought a sweet XBox 360 bundle. I have never managed to really warm up to the thing, though. I enjoy a good shooter or action game, but I'm just so much better with mouse and keyboard. Could have to do with the fact that I'm left-handed (I use a right-hand mouse without problems, though) or just lack of practice, but I suck. My other problem is that I don't care much for the kinds of games consoles really excel at. I love role-playing games and strategy games, and it looks like a PC is just better at those genres than any console. Sooo...

I am looking for a capable video card for a pretty low-end gaming computer I am building. It's a G630 on an H61 board. Games played will be primarily RPGs (definitely needs to handle Skyrim) and strategy games. An occasional shooter would be nice, but it doesn't have to be at the highest detail level. I would like to keep this under $150, and cheaper is better. I was thinking of an HD 7770 or 6850. Any better ideas?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have two 6850s in my pc I built. I LOVE them, mmm crossfire <3

The 7770 isn't worth it, doesn't benchmark nearly as well as the 6850s or 6870s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts