The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a victor medalist regulator. "model#p250-500-580 inert gas max inlet 3000psi".
anyone else use one of these? I dont have the co2 tank yet, this regulator was given to me. so Id like to know if I can use it before purchasing a different one.
any thoughts?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
You would need to change the fitting that attaches to the CO2 tank to a CGA320 fitting, not at all hard to do. But, the bigger problem is the low pressure gage and regulator capability. This is a relatively high output pressure regulator, so it will not be as convenient to try to maintain 15 psi output pressure, for example. That would be hard to even read on that gage. Changing the gage would help, but then you risk blowing out the gage if you accidentally set the regulator to too high a pressure. The regulator is certainly usable for CO2, but just not as easy to use as it should be.

·
Super Moderator
12,131 Posts
I personally keep my working pressure at ~20 PSI, but this can be adjusted. Some people like running it a bit higher, while others like to run it a bit lower.

I believe it is against forum rules to post links to eBay sales, so I recommend you remove it.

I myself use the particular solenoid in question, and it has not given me any trouble. Do be warned that it does not come with a cord, so you will need to find an electrical cord and have some (safe) way of attaching the wires to the solenoid. I recommend that you get some spade connectors to do this safely.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for the quick response, I was figuring it didn't come with a power cord, so I was thinking the same with the spade connectors. not a problem.
thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.