The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i really want to get my 30 gallon tank onto a pressurized setup. I just dont know a thing about them, figured you folks would be the best to ask.

the regulator is again the Victor 2-stage regulator, HPT270C-250.
my question is.... Will this work for a normal paintball Co2 tank? or will i need to purchase a special kind of tank for it? It seems to be a good deal for 60-70 bucks, but should i just bite the bullet and get a new one from Green leaf aquariums?
http://www.greenleafaquariums.com/co2-regulators.html

I just won a poker tourney last night (2.20 buy in, 475 bones to me, the winner out of 1400 heads) so i think its time for a upgrade around here :)

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Hey, congrats on the poker tourny. I have hit a few of those in my day.

As far as the regulators, I am not sure is best for a paintball setup. The guy to talk to about the Victor reg's is Left C. You can find him on pretty much any plant forum including here. He did a lot of leg work on these and other regulators so shoot him a pm.

As for Greenleaf, it comes pre-assembled and its warranted by them. Orlando, the owner, is top notch and can help you with any of your needs.

Either you pay a little less and do all the leg work yourself, or buy it in one shot and be done with it. I personally am lazy and figure spending a few more bucks is worth it if its one less thing I need to do, but others like the DIY attitude.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks! took 7 hours, ended at 8 am this morning, haha.

Thanks for the advice, i probably should just go with a new one to save myself some possible stress in the future. Thought i may get lucky with a cheaper used one, but i need to know if its what i need.

I like the reassurance of warranties, so i think i will lean in that direction.
Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
11,991 Posts
the regulator is again the Victor 2-stage regulator, HPT270C-250.
my question is.... Will this work for a normal paintball Co2 tank? or will i need to purchase a special kind of tank for it?
This regulator will work with any standard (i.e. 2.5, 5, 10, 20 lb) CO2 tank that has a CGA320 fitting. It will not fit the paintball (i.e. 20 oz) CO2 tanks unless you have a special adapter (i.e. paintball CO2 tanks have a pin that has to be depressed for CO2 to come out).

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
Another problem could be size. The regulators you are looking at are pretty big and quite heavy. I am not sure they would be the best choice on top of one of those small paintball canisters.

You'd better be sure to secure it down!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts