The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, they are too small to take pics of but I was cleaning my 46 gal bow just now and the filter was off so I decided, since the water level was low, to reach my arm b/w the water and canopy to see if I could pull some gunk from my aquaclear hang on back type filter. lol anyways I noticed something weird. I thought it was just bubbles popping at the surface but I looked closer and saw tiny bugs jumping around. There were dozens of them but now they have mostly stopped jumping. It looks jsut like the surface of a cup of soda when it fizzes and some of the bubbles or w.e go into the air.

anyways, what the heck are these things and how do I get rid of them. I havent done a waterchange in a few weeks so I guess my tank is just that dirty.

please help.

·
Collectoritis Patient
2,322 Posts
They should be pretty harmless. They're actually in the water supply. The fact that they are breeding in your tank is a good thing. Your water quality is high. :)

The fish should eat them. I would get these in my shrimp tanks from time to time and drop an endler in there to take care of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.