The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks ago I bought 2 dwarf guoramis, the male is fine, swimming happily, feeding well and gets along fine with the other fish. the female however seemed reclusive and this continued for a week, she then seemed to be incredibly lethargic with heavy breathing. I did my normal water change of 25% on Thurs and since about then she has become very sick. she was lying on the gravel, upright but leaning to the side and breathing heavily. I thought for sure that she would be dead when I checked on Fri morn, no change though and its been the same until today. She is now in a plant, about halfway up, and leaning on it, again breathing heavily, hardly moving. she does have some red areas around her mouth but im not sure whether they are markings or fin rot. I have no idea what this is. Ive looked on the internet and it could be so many things, but none of them seem completely right. I was just wondering if anyone had encountered this and what it could be?

Another problem I have is my siamese fighting fish, Ive had him for 6 months and he has always seemed lethargic, normally hiding in a plant near the surface, sometimes having a few minutes of swimming around the front of the tank. However, since my female gourami became ill, he has started to display the same symptoms as her, and as I type is lying very still on the gravel. The only difference is he is not breathing heavily, quite normally in fact. he has some grey patches near his mouth, but these have been there since I bought him and he has been treated for velvet/slime disease and no change.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Grey patches near his mouth sounds typical of columnaris. Have you checked your water parameters? If not, please check ammonia, nitrite and nitrate and post them here. It will give folks a much clearer picture of what's happening within your tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.