The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 5.5g with DIY co2 and a 7watt flourescent lighting..the temp is about 26-27...and 50% water change weekly...is there any plant that can grow and look good in the tank? besides moss,java fern and anubias...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crypts are nice...but when they melt,its just waaayyyyyyyy troublesome....how about water sprite or hygrophillia difformis? will they be ok? or are there other nice plants?

·
Registered
104 Posts
You could try hygrophilia difformis- mine is growing very quickly under 1 watt per gallon of T5HO lighting and no CO2. The only problem is it had rather large leaves and may look out of scale in 5.5g tank. I'm not sure if you could prune it into an appropriate shape.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I'd try Limnophila mini since You're running CO2 on the tank. It's really lovely and would be one of the few stems that wouldn't overrun the entire tank.

Mosses and dwarf swords (Echinodorus tenellus, or E. parviflorus 'tropcia') would also work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
hi there! I have a current low-to-no-light setup. I'm growing cabomba caroliniana and a bamboo-shoot-like grass idk what's the name of this plant. just check it out if you're cool with it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx guys,but i have a question,what about dwarf hairgrass? can it grow nicely? i dont mind it growing slower...and i think my tank is 0.78WPG...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.