The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
I sent a text to the number, and continued a heated discussion on the guy's ignorance, immaturity, and irresponsibility for a good few minutes, which ended with an irate phone call from his end with words which I shall not repeat for him here.

I would suggest that others do the same. Idiot.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Maybe i really have that sick of humor... But thats kinda funny... I mean he isn't harming the fish at all, yes it's twisted and very sick humor... But i would so do that to my friends lol

Now if it was actually blending fish i could see grounds for getting in an uproar. But he isn't.

Sent from a dark corner in my happy place

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Maybe i really have that sick of humor... But thats kinda funny... I mean he isn't harming the fish at all, yes it's twisted and very sick humor... But i would so do that to my friends lol

Now if it was actually blending fish i could see grounds for getting in an uproar. But he isn't.

Animal cruelty? Nothing in there saying thats what the guy keeps the gold fish in!

·
Registered
415 Posts

Kinda agree. It seems like just a joke.

·
Registered
976 Posts
What you are looking at its a fine example of funny/failed entrepreneurship. Maybe he is getting the response he is looking for. Tell me of a better way to market a broken blender?

Kiran, I mean no disrespect, but messing with the dude and sighting immaturity on his side it's a bit confusing to me.

Ultimately bad taste is not a crime, it's just bad taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't see how anyone could not see the cruelty of this. Imagine yourself as the fish living in a tiny column of water with barely enough room to turn around in, no filtration, and every time you try to explore the bottom you get poked and cut by sharp blades. On top of all that a group of idiot giants gather around laughing now and then while they cause your whole world to vibrate and scream with noise.

Yet I guess it's better than life for goldfish in the 70's when the whole 'swallow live goldfish' craze was going on...

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
In all honesty, the blender part is a little funny and would scare friends, and be a good joke for a few minutes. However, a blender is no better than a plastic PetSmart cup or a bowl. My issue is with the amount of water, the lack of filtration, and the type if fish.

·
Registered
102 Posts
In all honesty, the blender part is a little funny and would scare friends, and be a good joke for a few minutes. However, a blender is no better than a plastic PetSmart cup or a bowl. My issue is with the amount of water, the lack of filtration, and the type if fish.
+1.

From the ad, it seems he is selling the broken blender together with the fish, in which case, the fish will be in there for some time. Space wise, oxygen wise, water quality wise, it is going to kill the fish before this thing is sold.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Maybe i missed it in the add, but does he say it's where he keeps the goldfish, or where the goldfish could be housed?

It's just a pitiful albit somewhat funny marketing ploy.

* shrug *

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Whether he keeps it in there or not if his marketing ploy is successful the new owner (dupe) will use it as such. Never underestimate the ignorance of someone that would buy a broken blender.

·
Registered
861 Posts

Yeah I'm with you, I find it kind of amusing and creative, then again I have a warped sense of humor, use to like joe's cartoons with frog in a blender and such lol.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts