The Planted Tank Forum banner

venus flytrap meets bug

2979 24
Hi all,

I am not sure if there is interest in carnivorous plants here...or whether this is the right place to talk about them...

Anyhow, last night I posted a couple of photos on my blog of insects that met the venus flytrap in bog garden. ANy guesses as to what kind of insect this was?

Cheers,
EC
WWW.macrocritters.wordpress.com

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Not a bug person but I am slowly converting towards plant keeping, and I feel like I have better luck with carnivorous plants than normal plants lol.
I have a venus flytrap that I just bought today and a large hanging pitcher plant that is brand new as well. I've had a different pitcher plant (no normal leafs, only pitchers) that I've had for a few months now that's been growing.
I looked into the new pitcher plant today and found that shortly after I left it the plant claimed a wasp for itself :p

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The sundews are going gnat crazy. Feed Me!
I love sundews! I have grown a lot of different types of CPs, but I think sundews are my favourite. The other day I got some really nice, very close-up photos of flies being trapped by the D. linearis in my garden. I'll get them up on my blog soon.

I'm also very fond of Nepenthes and am in the process of setting up a large vivarium in which I intend to plant a couple.

Cheers,
EC
www.macrocritters.wordpress.com

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.