The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I have a supreme mag 7 with the venturi impeller and intake attachment. I also have the same pump without, and I don't see a lick of difference between the two for efficiency injecting CO2. I use a 20 inch cerges reactor. Hey! Give er a whirl and see how it performs!

·
Registered
4,221 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I have a supreme mag 7 with the venturi impeller and intake attachment. I also have the same pump without, and I don't see a lick of difference between the two for efficiency injecting CO2. I use a 20 inch cerges reactor. Hey! Give er a whirl and see how it performs!
There might not be a huge difference in the efficiency of injecting CO2 but there is a big difference in flow rate between the mag7 with a fractioning impeller and one without. I use a mag7 with fractioning impeller ran dual venturi method style through my reactor and the other mag7 for my return from my sump.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'm running the Rio+ 200 in my 10 gallon also doubling as my CO2 diffuser. The flow rate is fantastic for that size tank and it's fairly inexpensive ($20 I believe). Granted, I also have a tetra EX30 filter that gives my great flow for the mid-top range of the water. I have my Rio mounted in the bottom corner of the opposite side of my filter and it's amazing. It also produces very tiny bubbles of CO2 that take quite a long time to float to the top and often have time to stick to my plants. Very happy with the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.