The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally upgraded from the 25g cube, and let me tell you it's not very easy to find a 30-40g cube around here. Managed to find a beautiful 20x20x20 aquarium and some amazing driftwood at a local shop and we're off to the races.

Nothing equipment wise has actually changed, still running:
  • AI Prime Freshwater LED
  • Eheim 2215 w/lily pipes
  • 10lbs Co2 tank w/inline diffuser
Final hardscape in the tank:

This driftwood has some beautiful texture and a slight reddish hue to it. Very dense and pretty much sunk right away, although tannin galore. The main wood structure is actually four pieces connected using zipties. Beneath that is some black lava rock and a mix of ada aquasoil v2/tropica powder soil. Currently doing daily water changes and plans for this scape include a mixed carpet, some cypts, loads of ferns/anubias/buce and i'll be keeping my red lily.

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plants and fish added.

Long list of plants as I was going for a more natural/wild look once everything grows in. Kind of inspired by Filipe Oliveira and his wonderful scapes. There's quite a bit of trident java fern and bolbitis in there that will look great as they start to get bushy. Surprisingly I haven't added any moss yet, not sure if I want to cover up anymore of the driftwood. Although, I do have some mini pelia lol.. Lots of anubias/bucephalandra in the shadows and in the back corner I have some very small crypt flamingos/red tiger lotus. Will try to get some quality fish shots up next.

Fish include:
  • Red phantom tetra
  • Pseudomugil gertrudae
  • Celestial pearl danio
  • Otocinclus

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! Really great job with the hardscape. What's sitting in the top portion of the main wood piece?
Thanks! Temporarily some trident fern and hydrocotyle tripartita. Maybe, switch it to more minimal with just moss and some small ferns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts