The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got the Vecton2 installed this morning.
I was going to hang on the side, but didn't like the way it was working out.
So I built a little bench to hold it up so the wieght was not on the hose connection.
Nothing special about installing it, very straightforward, now just have to leave it running and see what I get.
I have a slight haze in the new aquarium, will be interesting to see if it clears that up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
looks promising.

is the haze an algae bloom? if so, it'll be gone in a day or two max with that beast. I have heard you can strip your beneficial bacteria with uv sterilizers, be careful. purigen may be a solution for other clarity issues caused by soluble and insoluble impurities by tannin/etc. (sorry if you've already done the diligence on the matter, hopefully this helps others with the issue)

I wish you good luck, looking forward to an update. hope your clarity issues subside!

Brevity and typos courtesy of my iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ammonia eating bacteria attach to surfaces like my scrubbies in the sump. I don't believe they are free floating.

I believe the haze is some type of bacteria bloom from my driftwood and being a new tank. It is getting better on its own, but will be interested to see if this helps. I started Purigen today as well.

Ya its a beast! It was about the same as a TurboTwist-which don't have the specs of this unit.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I have found that UV will generally clear algae blooms or bacteria blooms in the water column overnight. It will not do much for algae growing in the tank, since that doesn't pass through the UV unit.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have found that UV will generally clear algae blooms or bacteria blooms in the water column overnight. It will not do much for algae growing in the tank, since that doesn't pass through the UV unit.
yes, UV will only work on organisms in the water column, they have to pass by the UV bulb in the unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.