I'll start by listing my tank parameters/etc:
  • 15 Gal
  • Ammonia: 0
  • pH: 7.0
  • Nitrates: 0
  • Nitrites: 0
  • GH: 5
  • KH: 3
  • Inhabitants: 5 ADFs, 3 otos, 3 amano shrimp, and various snails (nerite and pest)
These readings were done today prior to fertilizing and the last time I fertilized was Friday. I fertilize M W F, and I do water changes on Tuesdays. I fertilize with thrive S. I've been wondering for a while if I need to switch fertilizers, I never really have many detectable nutrients, except right after fertilizing. It's not super consistent, idk.

My lighting period is pretty long, but it's not at full intensity, I have a Planted+ 24/7 CRV light. It's probably at full intensity for ~2 hours.

Here are pictures of the plants I need help with!

So basically I've been having these issues for a while. My dwarf sag. has never been truly happy, I'm not quite sure why? It has holes, it used to have a lot more BBA (or what I thought was BBA), and obviously has GSA. What can I do to make these poor guys happy? They're definitely continuing to grow, but always with a yellowing/dying leaf and holes forming on the "normal" leaves, in addition to the algae. Edit: Weirdly, the plants in the back are less damaged, at least most of them, than those in the front.

In terms of my Java fern, it was actually thriving, the one in the picture is a baby of the original. I think I kept two babies on the original one for too long though, because it turned all mushy and brown very recently, including the babies. That same brown is now appearing on a separate one, should I be worried?

In the last two pictures, I've just noticed these plants losing their leaves on the bottom, which I've heard can be a sign of nutrient deficiency? I'm not sure what the second to last plant is, but the last plant is bacopa monneri I believe. It also has a GSA problem, and many are growing quite leggy because of the loss of lower leaves. Any reason why this may be happening?

I also want to note that literally all of my s. repens just randomly died on me, and it was thriving, at least I thought. Some of it had GSA, but even the ones without just started losing all their leaves, very very quickly. :(

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
37 Posts
What's your substrate? But it looks like you don't have enough nutrients in the water. 0 nitrates is your indicator. I'm a novice, but I recommend bumping that up to at least 7 to 10ppm. Rotalabutterfly for EI dosing says 3ml Thrive S, 2 to 4 times a week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts