The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it seems celebrated aquascaping is both artificial and impossible. Every one of the master's ADA tanks is simply a photo-shop tank. No system looks so neat and clean except in a photograph. What's the point? I'm setting up a tank with a variety of plant types without a strict eye on balance or looks. I just want to keep the fish healthy.

Keep in mind beautiful aquascaping is hard work to keep the "look". I think too much is made over these ideals, that's all.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Having seen the tanks http://aquariumdesigngroup.com/ does in person, they are not photoshopped.

Sure, things are cleaned up prior to pics, filters pulled, etc. But they happen. I've got pictures of the ADA gallery in Japan from a few friends that visited this year and again, they look amazing, no post-editing at all.

While you just want to keep healthy fish, the ADA "nature aquarium" is about plants and aquascaping. Fish are secondary, if not tertiary.

We have members here whose tanks I've seen and they were like works of art, in person. No lens or computer to filter out crap.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having seen the tanks http://aquariumdesigngroup.com/ does in person, they are not photoshopped.

Sure, things are cleaned up prior to pics, filters pulled, etc. But they happen. I've got pictures of the ADA gallery in Japan from a few friends that visited this year and again, they look amazing, no post-editing at all.

While you just want to keep healthy fish, the ADA "nature aquarium" is about plants and aquascaping. Fish are secondary, if not tertiary.

We have members here whose tanks I've seen and they were like works of art, in person. No lens or computer to filter out crap.
Yes all that is true, as it is for any form of art. As far as a nature aquarium, ha, ha. A true nature aquarium would be full of worms, snails, algae, dull-colored, tattered fish, and torn, eaten plants. Nature is no so civil as the hallowed ADA gallery, and that is it's true beauty.

·
Registered
483 Posts
A well scaped system is eye catching and can be a labor of love.
On the other hand, I have a couple of aquascapes that require weekly care only and the glass or acrylic to be cleaned every 2 or 3 months at most. They can even look fake because they are so clean. Yet i do almost nothing to keep them clean, just trim plants, change water and dose, no cleaning :).
mD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.